Background

Friday, April 10, 2009

Booking Through Thursday (on Friday)

I just found Booking Through Thursday and I am hooked.

For something different, I’m borrowing a question from … here! One of the very first questions ever at Booking Through Thursday. Back from 2005 when Laura owned the blog but, because it was so new, it didn’t get as many responses as it does now … so, why not revisit?

Here’s the question:
Some people read one book at a time. Some people have a number of them on the go at any given time, perhaps a reading in bed book, a breakfast table book, a bathroom book, and so on, which leads me to…
Are you currently reading more than one book?
If so, how many books are you currently reading?
Is this normal for you?
Where do you keep your current reads?

1. Yes.
2. I am currently reading 3 books, one fiction, one non-fiction and one audiobook.
3. I almost always have 2 books going on at a time - one fiction and one non-fiction. The audio book is a new additon for me.
4. My books could be in a number of places, but mostly on my bedside table as I read mostly before going to bed. In the summer they are likely to be on the back porch, waiting for me to find time to enjoy them outside. We recently did a huge remodel on our house and I created a library nook and I sometimes leave my books there. The audiobook is on my old mp3 player in my car so I can listen while sitting in lovely ATL traffic.

2 comments:

  1. I discovered audiobooks a few years back when I was temping at a factory. They kept me sane and I was pleasantly surprised at how much more they are than someone reading a book. Of course, the first one I got from the library was Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood read by the author. She was so wonderfully animated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on my mood. Sometimes I have two or three books going, of different genres. But I always have at least two going.

    ReplyDelete