- The Last Queen by C. W. Gortner
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Skeletons at the Feast by Chris Bohjalian
- The Healthiest Kid in the Neighborhood by Dr. Sears
- The Shadows of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Neffeneger
- The Russian Concubine by Kate Furnivall
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
The Best of 2009
I started this year with the goal to get back to reading and I was very successful. Not only did I read more books, but I read better books. I discovered new genres and authors. Most of this growth I can credit to the wonderful book blogs I discovered this year. I read 41 books in 2009 and I have chosen eight I consider to be the very best of that lot. They are linked to my reviews (in no particular order) below. Enjoy.
I also started this blog in an effort to keep up with the books I read and to review them. As a first time blogger and book reviewer, I think I was successful with these goals as well. I reviewed 24 of the 41 books I read. I posted on a semi-regular basis as my school schedule allowed and I successfully completed the 2 reading challenges I joined. All in all, not a bad reading year. I look forward to what 2010 has in store.
Posted by Jenny at 6:10 AM