Background

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Booking Through Thursday


Booking Through Thursday asks
"Do you take breaks while reading a book? Or read it straight through? (by taking breaks I don't mean eating, sleeeping, going to work; I mean putting it aside and reading something else.)

My answer - sometimes. But, I only put it aside if I have lost interest in the book. Sometimes I will start reading a book and it is just not the right time for me to read it. So, I put it on my night stand, read something else and eventually go back to it. Most of the time, I fall in love with the book and finish it quickly. If I don't get into it this time, I usually stop reading it altogether.

That begin said, I usually have at least 2 books going at a time. I have my "reading" book and my "studying" book. For example, I am "reading" Hope's Boy now. I am also "studying" How to Read Literture Like a Professor. Usually my "studying" books are related to the classes I am teaching at school and take me much longer to finish. I also have a 3rd book going on my Nook. Since getting my e-reader I find that I also keep a book going on it to read on the go. This will probably be the norm until I switch over totally to ebooks.
To join in the fun visit Booking Through Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. One book at a time, and a straight sitting, that's me. Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure or escape books are read straight through. I do have a few that I take breaks during reading.

    ReplyDelete