Background

Friday, May 29, 2009

What's On My Nightstand - May


With school ending this month I was too busy with testing, grading papers, final exams and getting year averages done to do too much reading. I do however have BIG plans for the summer.

I finished...
The Reincarnationist by M. J. Rose
This is not my ususal topic, but I enjoyed it. It was a great beginning of summer read.

My Sister's Keeper by Jody Picoult
I am not a Picoult fan. The only book I had read prior to this one was 19 Minutes. It was not a favorite. I can't say I liked this one any better. As a mom, I have a hard time putting one child over another, even medically. Then, the ending was just too "perfect". I keep saying I won't read another Picoult book, maybe this time I will remember how mad they make me.

The Venetian Betrayal by Steve Berry
I LOVE Steve Berry. When I had less sense and more money, I waited in line at Barnes and Noble to get each new book the day it came out. I love how he entertwines history with modern day treasure hunting and all the mysteries thrown in. This one was one of my favorites.

I am reading...
Salt: A World History by Mark Kurlansky
Why Geography Matters by Harm de Blij
Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi

To be read...
Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson
Everything Bad is Good for You by Steven Johnson
The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
The Diplomat's Wife by Pam Jenoff
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Abundance: A Novel of Marie Antoinette by Sena Jeter Naslund

4 comments:

  1. Woman, you put me to shame. I'm still working on books I've had for four years.

    Someday, I'll find the time. Someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought Fahrenheit 451 and its also in my TBR pile... sigh... so many books, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed Reading Lolita in Tehran and The Reader, I hope you do too. Salt sounds very interesting. I have Snow Falling on Cedars on my shelves, and I never have read Fahrenheit 451. Thanks for the reminders. Enjoy your books and your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just reading through here . . .

    I saw the movie My Sister's Keeper (at least I think it was made into a movie, was it not?) but I didn't read the book.

    ReplyDelete