Background

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Booking Through Thursday

From Booking Through Thursday
“This can be a quick one. Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.”

In no particular order....
Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Skeletons at the Feast by Chris Bohjalian
Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
Swallows of Kabul by Yasmina Khadra
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Little House on the Prairie Series by Laura Ingalls Wilder
The Hot Zone by Richard Preston
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah
Alas Babylon by Pat Frank
The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillippa Gregory
Twilight (Book 1 only) by Stephanie Meyer
Oh, Kentucky by Betty Layman Receveur
The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank
The Romanov Prophesy by Steve Berry

9 comments:

  1. Great list. I've enjoyed several on your list. Here is mine:

    http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2009/06/booking-through-thursday-books-that.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some great books on here. Gone with the Wind - ah yes! =) Fun reading your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the Twilight book 1 only. As the series went on, I found myself disliking it more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking at The Poisonwood Bible on my shelf and thinking that I should pick it up next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little House is good and I hope to get to The Other Boyelyn Girl this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read and enjoyed 6 of the books on your list, especially The Hot Zone! That was great. A Long Way Gone is on my shelf patiently waiting to be read. I find it funny that after Twilight you made sure to say Book 1 only lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting me today. I noticed I got several comments from people who forgot about the Thorn Birds. It is sitting on my bookshelf. I noticed on my way back from the bathroom and that reminded me I had read that one already. A long time ago though. And I watched the movie of it also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I have several of the books on your list on my wish list :)

    I'm not quite sure why I didn't put up A Thousand Splendid Suns on my list.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jenny! I appreciate your comment on my unschooling blog, and I have been thoroughly enjoying *your* blog. I have a book to send you, if you don't mind sending me your postal address. Thanks!

    Steph
    laughingstars66@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete