Background

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Spring Reading Thing Wrap Up

When I signed up for Katrina's Spirng Reading Thing Challenge at Callapidder Days I felt I was being overly ambitious by selected 11 books to read. I was in the middle of a reading slump and was sure I would never finish all 11 books. Was I ever wroing! The accountability of the challenge pushed me to read, read and read some more. The reviews introduced me to books I had never heard of, but just had to get my hands on. Utilizing Katrina's questions, here is my Spring Reading Challenge wrap up...



I did not finish all 11 books I selected. I did finish 9 of them and have started the other two. I did however read 7 other books that were not on my list for a total of 16 books.


I added to my original list as I read great reveiws of books posted by other participants.


My favorite book I read as part of the challenge was The Reader by Bernhard Schlink. It wasn't even on my original list.


I discovered that I read more non-fiction that I give myself credit for. During the challenge, I read 6 non-fiction books and I enjoyed them immensely. One book, The Healthiest Kid on the Block I picked up because of some health issues my son has been going through. It opened my eyes to a whole new way of feeding my family. We have followed some of his suggestions and we have see very positive results in our house.


My favorite thing about the challenge was the challenge itself. I liked the low stress, all the reviews, the opportunity to visit new blogs and discover new books. I can't wait until the Fall Challenge!


2 comments:

  1. I am so very glad you finished all your books, hon! I definitely need to get back to reading, myself. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must have very similar tastes - I knew most of the books on your sidebar list of book read in 2009. Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete