Background

Friday, October 30, 2009

The Lady Elizabeth

by Allison Weir

Review #2 from my written book journal for 2009.

Reading this book was like talking to an old friend. Having read so many books on the Tudors, many of them by Allison Weir, I know the history forward and back. What I liked about the fictional work is the author took many of the rumors about Lady Elizabeth and weaved them in to the story. It made for an interesting life. She also took liberties with a few of my favorite historical characters in Elizabeth's life, Kat Astley and William Cecil, both of whom I liked a great deal in this book. My one complaint is the trivial role Sir Robert Dudley played in the novel, showing up only in the last 10 pages. HOw I would love to see what Allison Weir would do with a relationship between Elizabeth and Sir Robert. Maybe in her next book...

Rating B

1 comment:

  1. I used to be an avid reader of historical novels about Tudor England, and I'd like to give this a try. I've heard good things about this author.

    ReplyDelete