Background

Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Sunday Salon - January 31, 2010

It has been a long itme since I have participated in the Sunday Salon. My Sundays are less about reading and more about getting ready for the week ahead. I decided this year to at least write a Salon post on the last Sunday of the month as a way of recapping my reading and reviewing.

January Review Edition

Books I Read This Month (linked to reviews)-
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
Pope Joan by Donna Woolfolk Cross
The Secret Life of Josephine by Carolly Erickson
Abundance: A Novel of Marie Antoinette by Sena Jeter Neslund
The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
Knit Two by Kate Jacobs
Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran

Our book club meets today to pick books for the next 6 months. I am suggesting the following -
19th Wife by David Ebershoff
People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
The Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford

We shall see what we pick! This is always one of my favorite meetings, everyone brings great books to share and even if we don't choose them to read for Book Club, I always add 2 or 3 to my personal TBR stack.

No comments:

Post a Comment