Background

Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Sunday Salon

For teachers, school started on August 3rd. The last book I finished was on August 2nd!! I was so glad this week to find time to pick up a book and really READ.

This week I started and finished Philippa Gregory's The Other Queen. I also read part of The Prince and I am working my way through A World Lit Only By Fire by William Manchester. The last two are for the European History class I am teaching, so they really don't "count" as pleasure reading.

Today, I spent a great deal of time outside planting my fall/winter garden, but I have also managed to read Sex with Kings by Eleanor Herman. This is a fun, eye opening read about royal mistresses throughout history. I am hooked! Not much in here I can share with my European History class, but I am sure enjoying the exploits of Europe's royal families. Our American politicians look really dull and puritainistic (is that a real word?) next to the kings of Europe.

And finally, my most exciting news of the day.... I received my first blog award from my friend Steph at Stark Raving Bibliophile. Thanks!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi There, I just came across your blog; it's great--love all the photos too. I saw you read The Russian Concubine; i just got that one at a book sale yesterday.

    I'll be back to visit again. Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, must try that book about European royal sex! :)

    ReplyDelete